Greg was off work this past week, so we decided since we had already had a vacation this summer, that we should do a staycation! We spent a day at the Air Force Museum, which is one of Aaron's favorite places. We did something different this time and took the tram over onto the base to see Air Force One. There are 4 of them there, and you can take tours of each. It was humbling to walk through aircraft with so much history behind them.
We spent a day at the Creation Museum, and took Greg's mom with us. We toured the beautiful gardens, went to the petting zoo, and went through the museum. ( Aaron and I loved the goats, and really, really wanted to bring one home with us!!! They are so sweet! Greg was not completly convinced, though!!! ) I love going there, it is such a strong reminder of how truly awesome our God is, and puts you in awe of His Beautiful creation!
There was one morning that Aaron played 9 holes of golf with his friend Ethan and Ethan's grandpa. I had the fun job of driving the golf cart! I have had a bit of experience with that with as much time as I have spent in Put in Bay! :) Then we spent the remainder of that day at Hueston Woods, boating and fishing. They only caught 1 that day, but it is so relaxing to spend an afternoon floating around on the water.
Aaron's room got painted this week, in red and light gray. It wasn't really to decorate for OSU, although it works good for that, though! It is decorated in Cincinnati Reds, Dayton Dragons, and airplanes. It turned out beautiful, and he is really happy with it. Somewhere in all of this, I canned 30 pints of pickles! I have more in the garden ready to be picked, and beans ready to be picked, too. It is alot of work, but I am always happy I did it when we are eating garden goodies in January.
Greg has to go back to work tomorrow. :( But it has been a great week having him home!!!
Sounds like a great week! I can't wait to see you next week!
ReplyDelete