Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas At Nana's





































This afternoon we headed to my mom's ( aka Nana ) for a wonderful Christmas dinner. Her and her hubby Jeff spoiled us with prime rib ( yummo ) with smashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and tons of desserts and shrimp cocktail too! My tummy shall be forever grateful! Thank heavens I wore jeans that had some stretch to them!!! We had a gift exchange, and loved watching Aaron and my nephew Kane open all of their goodies! I love my mom and Jenny's new aprons, I knew they would look so cute in them! It felt so good for all of us to be together after such a long year. I missed being with all of them at Thanksgiving while I had the stomach flu and was packing for our Fl. trip. I also hadn't seen my sis Allie since last Christmas! I have missed her so much! It felt good to be around so much warmth and love and laughter today. I would lie if I didn't say that we didn't shed a few tears, but I knew that I would and that is okay. I know Dad would be happy knowing we were all together, too. Just knowing that Dad is spending this Christmas with Jesus keeps me joyful, he is in the presence of the greatest gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment