Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Monday, August 23, 2010

It Is Soccer Season Again!






















Soccer went back into full swing for us yesterday, with Aaron's opening day parade, ceremony, and first game. As most of you know we have had very little rain in the past several weeks here. So, of course, it rained! We needed it though, so I shouldn't complain!!! All the kiddos were quite wet riding in the back of the trucks during the parade. The boys were thrilled with it, but I saw several little girls crying during the parade, they were not impressed at all, getting there hair and uniforms all wet. Y'all know that would have been me as a kid, right? Boo hoo'in about getting my hair wet. Okay, that would be me now, too, I admit it! Lol!!! In the pictures of the truck, all you can see of Aaron is the back of his head, since he was facing the other way. ( Sherri is laughing at this, since all the pictures she has of Aaron are of the back of his head! ) During the ceremony, Aaron had been asked with a dozen other players to sing the national anthem. He was so nervous about it that he hardly slept the night before, but he did a great job and was glad he did it. The first game was a winner, I am glad they could start the season off right! The next several Saturday's will be spent at the soccer field, I am hoping for better weather and more wins! Go Blue!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yuck. i always seems to rain when soccer starts. good luck with the season. love ya

    ReplyDelete