Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tomato, To-mah-to!




A bunch of tomatoes have all ripened at once, which has been perfect for canning! Aaron and I picked 30 tomatoes, which ended up being 14 pints canned and ready for fall and winter. It takes some time to do, but I think it is fun and relaxing! I remember being in the kitchen with my Mamaw when I was a kid, watching her can beans and pickles, and so many other good things, and then getting to eat them all year round. There are still a bunch of green tomatoes in the garden, so I hope I can preserve enough that we can eat them until next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment