
My sister Jenny and I decided to sit down and make a list of all the things that make our Dad one of a kind! So, here are our thoughts. There are so many more things we could add to this, this is just the tip of the iceburg. So, for your reading pleasure, here is ~
Why our Dad is awesome! ~ By the Lewis Sisters
you never missed one my choir concerts, even though I’m sure they were horribly boring, and you always took me to Friendly’s for ice cream afterwards (which was the best part!). (Jenny)
you made the best school lunches ever! Other kids would be eating cold sandwiches, while I had hot dogs with mac and cheese, or hot soup in my thermos. I wasn't trading lunches with anybody!!! ( Jill )
you would always come every year to “parents have lunch with their kid day” in elementary school. While everyone else was eating the gross cafeteria food, you would bring McDonald’s! (Jenny)
we would love to play astronaut in the airplane, and we would ask you to do it like 200 times, and you would!!!!
you lied about my age so I could be on Clubhouse 22! ( Jill )
you watched Real Genius and Willow 742 times just because I wanted to see Val Kilmer. (Jenny)
you party with us every year at Put-In-Bay!
you would walk down with me to the end of Arnold so I could play in the sand pile. (Jenny)
you would come and pick us up anytime you had off from flying. Even if you were only home for a day between trips, you would come and take us to Rax, and maybe a movie at the Fairborn Cinema. ( Mmmmm, Rax, so much better than Arby’s! )
you would drive me all over creation (even Lima) to see Jan & Dean and The Beach Boys, again and again and again……(Jenny)
you didn’t inflict bodily harm on me after I backed your Bonneville into a snow drift after you specifically told me to be careful not to. (Jill) (Note from Jenny: Jill made ME go inside and be the one to tell you that your car was stuck in the snow!!)
you have the coolest job, how many kids had the bragging rights of having their dad be a pilot?
you can tell a dirty joke like no one else!
when I was in elementary school, you sat in the front row of one my Christmas concerts, and you mouthed out bad words to me and made me laugh! (Jenny)
you would always rub our backs until we went to sleep.
you bought us our first cars. (Note from Jenny: Mine was way cooler.)
you tricked me when you were teaching me how to drive. I had to do the maneuver through the cones thing, and you pushed the cones together closer than they should have been during my practicing, so when I took the actual test, I had all that extra room and didn’t knock over one cone. (Jenny)
you walked around and around the block with me after a storm to look for our cat, who hadn't come home, who we found out, had been beaten up by another cat. Poor thing. (Jill)
then, you shot that other cat in the derriere with a pellet gun when it came into our yard! Loved that!
thanks for dealing with me as a teenager, in which I also probably needed to be shot with a pellet gun in the derriere, but you didn't. And as I stumbled into being an adult, thanks for making sure I could "pull myself up by my bootstraps ", and giving me the knowledge and the backbone I needed to make it on my own. (Jill)
you drove me to Cleveland to see Brian Wilson, and while we were there, you took me to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (Jenny)
every summer you would take us to Kings Island even though we’re sure you would have been quite all right with never going there again! (Front seat of the forward Racer!!!)
you would let us say cuss words when we would stay with you on the weekends.
you let me live in your rental property for a good price. Who else can say they practically lived in Oakwood for $450 a month?? (Jenny)
you risked your own life to pull a pilot, who you didn’t even know, out of a burning airplane. Now that is a selfless and brave man.
you took us to Maine, and warned Jill not to drink the Dr. Pepper right after take off. She didn’t listen. That what she gets for not listening to you, Dad! (I can still hear her griping about how much she had to pee…..) (Jenny)
during a trip to St. Louis, Jenny felt she was going to throw up, and you, our selfless dad, took the very hat off your head to give her to puke in. (Jill) (Note from Jenny: Jill wanted me to put the hat back on your head! But because I am the GOOD daughter, I didn’t……)
you would take us to Glen Helen a lot when we were kids to go hiking and get us KFC to eat at the camp grounds.
you would make us feel so special when you would fly over our house or Papaw's and tip the wings of the airplane to wave at us.
you dig Huey Lewis and the News and have jammed with us at several of his concerts.
when I was a baby, I wouldn’t go to sleep at night, so you would barricade off the family room and sleep on the floor while I stayed up and played (Jenny).
you paid for us to go to college and now give us money at holidays to put aside for our sons to go to college too.
you always brought us t-shirts back from all the cool places you would fly to.
you are not ashamed to admit that you were a Solid Gold Dancer! Ha!
you would take me to Bill’s donuts on Saturday nights so I would have my donut when I woke up Sunday morning. Or you would make awesome waffles! (Jenny)
you never give up. Even through this trying time in your life, you are tougher than ever and a true example for your family. We couldn’t be more proud of you, Dad.
you “crack an egg” on our heads better than anyone!
Jenny got to sit in the middle of the front seat on the arm rest until she was 17!!!!! She really thought she was driving, I thinkl! (Jill) (Note from Jenny: Umm… I WAS driving……)
I would make you time me as I ran around Papaw’s house so I could try to get faster and faster. You would always tell me my time, but now, looking back, I’m thinking you just made times up! (Jenny)
you taught me how to drive a stick shift and spent practically an entire afternoon sitting in the passenger seat while I repeatedly stalled it. There is video footage of this as proof. (Jill)
you have always showed us unconditional love, no matter what.
how many times did I make you suffer through pee wee football games so I could cheer? That must have been horrible! Did you drink to get through them? LOL! Oh no, that’s right, you got to look at Kelly King so that must of helped!!!! Ha, ha! (Jill)
and I made you sit through junior high wrestling matches while I cheered. (Jenny)
you let me work for you at Parker Lewis when I was going to college. That was awesome going to work and getting to hang out with my dad! (not to mention all the entertainment from the crazies who worked for you…..) (Jenny)
you let me work for you at BD King Press when I was needing to get out of the house and work a bit! (Jill) (By the way, while working for you, we both tried to get you organized. Never happened and never will!)
after working so hard to raise 2 wonderfully talented daughters, the work paid off, since you are now the proud grandpa to the 2 greatest boys in the world!!!
not only are you our dad, but you’re our cousin too!
You are the best dad we could have ever asked for. We love you very, very much, and we are proud to be your daughters.
you made the best school lunches ever! Other kids would be eating cold sandwiches, while I had hot dogs with mac and cheese, or hot soup in my thermos. I wasn't trading lunches with anybody!!! ( Jill )
you would always come every year to “parents have lunch with their kid day” in elementary school. While everyone else was eating the gross cafeteria food, you would bring McDonald’s! (Jenny)
we would love to play astronaut in the airplane, and we would ask you to do it like 200 times, and you would!!!!
you lied about my age so I could be on Clubhouse 22! ( Jill )
you watched Real Genius and Willow 742 times just because I wanted to see Val Kilmer. (Jenny)
you party with us every year at Put-In-Bay!
you would walk down with me to the end of Arnold so I could play in the sand pile. (Jenny)
you would come and pick us up anytime you had off from flying. Even if you were only home for a day between trips, you would come and take us to Rax, and maybe a movie at the Fairborn Cinema. ( Mmmmm, Rax, so much better than Arby’s! )
you would drive me all over creation (even Lima) to see Jan & Dean and The Beach Boys, again and again and again……(Jenny)
you didn’t inflict bodily harm on me after I backed your Bonneville into a snow drift after you specifically told me to be careful not to. (Jill) (Note from Jenny: Jill made ME go inside and be the one to tell you that your car was stuck in the snow!!)
you have the coolest job, how many kids had the bragging rights of having their dad be a pilot?
you can tell a dirty joke like no one else!
when I was in elementary school, you sat in the front row of one my Christmas concerts, and you mouthed out bad words to me and made me laugh! (Jenny)
you would always rub our backs until we went to sleep.
you bought us our first cars. (Note from Jenny: Mine was way cooler.)
you tricked me when you were teaching me how to drive. I had to do the maneuver through the cones thing, and you pushed the cones together closer than they should have been during my practicing, so when I took the actual test, I had all that extra room and didn’t knock over one cone. (Jenny)
you walked around and around the block with me after a storm to look for our cat, who hadn't come home, who we found out, had been beaten up by another cat. Poor thing. (Jill)
then, you shot that other cat in the derriere with a pellet gun when it came into our yard! Loved that!
thanks for dealing with me as a teenager, in which I also probably needed to be shot with a pellet gun in the derriere, but you didn't. And as I stumbled into being an adult, thanks for making sure I could "pull myself up by my bootstraps ", and giving me the knowledge and the backbone I needed to make it on my own. (Jill)
you drove me to Cleveland to see Brian Wilson, and while we were there, you took me to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (Jenny)
every summer you would take us to Kings Island even though we’re sure you would have been quite all right with never going there again! (Front seat of the forward Racer!!!)
you would let us say cuss words when we would stay with you on the weekends.
you let me live in your rental property for a good price. Who else can say they practically lived in Oakwood for $450 a month?? (Jenny)
you risked your own life to pull a pilot, who you didn’t even know, out of a burning airplane. Now that is a selfless and brave man.
you took us to Maine, and warned Jill not to drink the Dr. Pepper right after take off. She didn’t listen. That what she gets for not listening to you, Dad! (I can still hear her griping about how much she had to pee…..) (Jenny)
during a trip to St. Louis, Jenny felt she was going to throw up, and you, our selfless dad, took the very hat off your head to give her to puke in. (Jill) (Note from Jenny: Jill wanted me to put the hat back on your head! But because I am the GOOD daughter, I didn’t……)
you would take us to Glen Helen a lot when we were kids to go hiking and get us KFC to eat at the camp grounds.
you would make us feel so special when you would fly over our house or Papaw's and tip the wings of the airplane to wave at us.
you dig Huey Lewis and the News and have jammed with us at several of his concerts.
when I was a baby, I wouldn’t go to sleep at night, so you would barricade off the family room and sleep on the floor while I stayed up and played (Jenny).
you paid for us to go to college and now give us money at holidays to put aside for our sons to go to college too.
you always brought us t-shirts back from all the cool places you would fly to.
you are not ashamed to admit that you were a Solid Gold Dancer! Ha!
you would take me to Bill’s donuts on Saturday nights so I would have my donut when I woke up Sunday morning. Or you would make awesome waffles! (Jenny)
you never give up. Even through this trying time in your life, you are tougher than ever and a true example for your family. We couldn’t be more proud of you, Dad.
you “crack an egg” on our heads better than anyone!
Jenny got to sit in the middle of the front seat on the arm rest until she was 17!!!!! She really thought she was driving, I thinkl! (Jill) (Note from Jenny: Umm… I WAS driving……)
I would make you time me as I ran around Papaw’s house so I could try to get faster and faster. You would always tell me my time, but now, looking back, I’m thinking you just made times up! (Jenny)
you taught me how to drive a stick shift and spent practically an entire afternoon sitting in the passenger seat while I repeatedly stalled it. There is video footage of this as proof. (Jill)
you have always showed us unconditional love, no matter what.
how many times did I make you suffer through pee wee football games so I could cheer? That must have been horrible! Did you drink to get through them? LOL! Oh no, that’s right, you got to look at Kelly King so that must of helped!!!! Ha, ha! (Jill)
and I made you sit through junior high wrestling matches while I cheered. (Jenny)
you let me work for you at Parker Lewis when I was going to college. That was awesome going to work and getting to hang out with my dad! (not to mention all the entertainment from the crazies who worked for you…..) (Jenny)
you let me work for you at BD King Press when I was needing to get out of the house and work a bit! (Jill) (By the way, while working for you, we both tried to get you organized. Never happened and never will!)
after working so hard to raise 2 wonderfully talented daughters, the work paid off, since you are now the proud grandpa to the 2 greatest boys in the world!!!
not only are you our dad, but you’re our cousin too!
You are the best dad we could have ever asked for. We love you very, very much, and we are proud to be your daughters.
That's the best "Top Reasons" list I've ever read.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ladies, just beautiful!! Now I know where you both get your looks!! You both favor your father almost completely!! :)
ReplyDelete