Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Monday, August 17, 2009

Garden Of Weedin'
























































I am having a great time in the garden this year. With all of the rain, the weeds have gotton way ahead of me, but that hasn't stopped everything from growing ALOT. The sunflowers are blooming, which is my favorite part of the garden. They got beaten down by a storm a couple of weeks ago, but they have rebounded somewhat. The grapes are getting ripe, along with the apple trees and the raspberries. I will try my hand at applesauce and applebutter to see how it turns out! I am learning the ins and outs of everything we have growing here, and I think by next year I will hopefully know pretty much what I am doing! I am truly enjoying the challenge and having fresh food for my guys. Aaron likes walking around the yard and picking his own snack! I did learn a lesson today, though. Check the radar before hanging towels out to dry. Mine recieved a second washing today, oops!!! :) I have also added a few pics of the inside of the house. It is really coming along and I am happy with how everything has fit in. We will do some painting this winter in the kitchen and dining room area and in the living room.

2 comments:

  1. love your house. i had weeds that were taller than i am. it took me four days to clear them out so i feel your pain.love ya miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and so peaceful too. I am still amazed at how similar your new kitchen is to your last!

    ReplyDelete