Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our Master Bedroom Cabin Retreat Is Finished!






























































The only room that we hadn't tackled yet in our home is our master bedroom. No matter where we have lived, I have always kind of neglected our bedroom and focused on the rest of the house instead. Our room just always ended up being decorated in whatever I didn't use in the rest of the house. But, after reading a book by Emily Barnes a few months back, I realized that I had been making a mistake by ignoring the master bedroom. Barnes suggested that the bedroom should always be the FIRST room that needs decorating attention, to make it a comfortable and relaxing retreat where a couple can relax and reconnect after a hectic day. So, I figured I better get to work! We decided that we would go with a cabin retreat theme. We love cabins, and always love to rent them whenever we have time to escape on our own for a few days. We thought that a cabin feel to our room would be a nice retreat! Our bedroom already had good bones. Nice wood floors, trim, and chair rail. But, it had striped wallpaper that originated from around 1994. ( The bottom 2 pics. The pictures didn't load in the right order! :) It was shiny, bold, and ugly. Seeing it removed was a wonderful moment in my life. We then painted ( okay, Greg painted ), put in an electric fireplace, tv, a log bed that I LOVE, and some cabin type decor. We finished it this week and are thrilled with how it turned out! It is awesome to have a bit of Hocking Hills at home!

1 comment:

  1. Very cozy and you are right, the master bedroom does need to be a retreat!

    ReplyDelete