Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Friday, June 24, 2011

The Cottage on Lake Erie

































































































































































































































I can't believe it! I finally got my blog working again without it locking up my computer! Woo hoo! We returned yesterday from a fun 4 day trip to Lake Erie . We brought along nephew Chase and niece Lacey, and had a blast! We stayed at a cottage between Conneaut, OH and Erie, PA. It was on the lake, but settled deep in the woods on a dirt road. It had beach frontage, where we would have evening bonfires on the beach, having smores and watching the sunset. I think that may have been my favorite part of the trip. I loved sitting on the back deck in the mornings, with a hot cup of coffee watching the lake, and watching bald eagles fly by. Awesome! The cottage also had a vintage record collection that we all loved. Aaron's favorite was the Chipmunks, Lacey liked 70's Gold, and Chase liked Louis Armstrong, which became the backdrop music to our trip. We ate at a 50's outdoor diner in Conneaut with homemade rootbeer and went to the beach there twice. There was a lighthouse there, but pretty far off shore. We had a day trip to Presque Isle State Park in PA, which I highly recommend. The beaches were beautiful, 2 great lighthouses, and a small Perry's monument were the highlights. The kids also liked the park close to the cottage, and spent time on the play ground equipment. I think the big guys liked it as much as the kids! What an awesome blessing having time away with Greg and all of the kiddos, I hope we can do it again next summer.















No comments:

Post a Comment