Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Summer's Worth of Pics in One Post

Here is the run down of our fun, crazy busy summer in a nutshell! ( in no particular order...)
* 2 Red's games
* several Dragon's games
* Aaron's baseball season
* vacation to Lake Lure
* mine and Greg's Put in Bay weekend
* an amazing photo shoot for Ohio Magazine
* Carillon Park day with our Denver cousins and Aunt Paula









* a birthday for me, but the big birthday is lurking on the horizon! lol!
* A fun weekend in Louisville with Sherri and family
* lots of swimming
* The summer project ~ a beautiful roof over our deck ( thanks for your help, Philip! )
* tons of work in the garden, only to equal a mess due to the lovely drought
* Darke County fair!
* Newport Aquarium with Aaron, and nieces Hannah and Sierra

And I am sure there is more that I have already managed to have forgotten somehow!  Today is Aaron's first day of 6th grade. The time is flying and he is growing up! He is such an awesome kid and truly brightens my life in every way. A new change for this fall ~ For the first time in 12 years, I am going back to work! I will be part time data entry for Women In Aviation International. I will be working for my good friend Sue, I am looking forward to that! I am also happy to have a job in the aviation industry. Aviation is a long standing tradition in my family, and I think my dad would be proud to know that I will be working in it, too. :) My hours will be a few days a week while Aaron is in school, so it will not take away time from him or my home duties. What a blessing is that! Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your deck looks wonderful. My husband built our whole deck & pergola at our last house. I sure hated to move away & leave all that hard work from my hubby's own two hands behind, but of course, we had to.

    ReplyDelete