Welcome to our homestead! Our home is a fun one, full of love, laughter, and downright goofiness sometimes! Check in on us as we tend to our rural 2 acres, raise our 11 year old son, fight fires and chase bad guys! ( That's just Greg, I'll stick with the gardening and cooking! ) We pray that we honor the Lord in the process, as we strive to grow in His grace.



Sunday, October 30, 2011

Celebrating Our 14th Anniversary in Hocking Hills









































































For the past 5 years we have taken anniversary trips to Hocking Hills to spend some quiet, relaxing time together. We rented a cozy cabin off of the beaten path with a pond behind it. We had several deer visit the pond while we were there, a mom with 2 babies! We grilled out the first night, and took time to enjoy the quiet and unwind. On Saturday we did a lot of hiking! We hiked to Cedar Falls, Conkles Hollow, Cantwell Cliffs ( this one was tough, there was a few times that I thought I may go over the cliffs edge! lol! ), and Rockbridge. In between trails ( we hiked about 6-7 miles total ), we stopped at Ruby's Country Store, she makes the best candles! And, at my favorite craft store, in which Greg was simply thrilled. Okay, not really! :) Then a yummy dinner at the Olde Dutch Inn, they have the BEST broasted chicken ever!!! With as much hiking as we did, I am so thankful for the hot tub at the cabin to sooth my worn-out self. Now we are home, preparing for the week ahead. But, I am so thankful for some much needed R&R with my precious hubby of 14 years! Also, thanks to Papaw Lloyd and Grandma Bev for taking care of Aaron for us. He was well spoiled while we were away!

1 comment: